Sunday, January 11, 2009

I just need this.

If you haven't noticed by now....I usually just have to start talking about things and writing them down so that I'll believe them and remember them. So, when I'm having a hard time, or trying to figure things out....I just go searching for random answers and reassurances, like I've said in one of my older posts, it's usually ends up being quotes and music.

I found this poem today as I was reading one of Thomas S. Monson's conference talks from 1980. I really liked it! This is totally what I've been having to remind myself about over and over again lately, and so I want to share it.

I know not by what method rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blessed.

-Eliza M. Hickok in The Best Loved Religious Poems

0 comments: