Friday, January 2, 2009

Double Whammy

So yesterday, New Years Day, I was supposed to go snowboarding with my sister and brother-in-law. Well, they found out funds were kind of tight so they weren't going to be able to go. I didn't have anyone else to go with, and I wasn't going to go by myself....so I just didn't go. I was sitting in front of the computer, like I do most mornings, after I found out they weren't going and Eric started chatting with me. He said he and his parents were going to see Valkyrie (the movie about the assassination attempt on Hitler). I told him I hoped it didn't sound creepy, but I loved learning about anything that had to do with Hitler. He said I was welcome to go with them.... I had nothing else to do, and it sounded like fun so I said yeah! He came and got me a little later, we met his parents, Pam and Dennis, for lunch first at Costa Vida. That was delicious like always, and then we went over to the Mall and looked in some stores before the movie started. The show was really good. Sad but good. It's shows like that, that really humble me.

After the movie, Eric asked if I wanted to help his Mom with her blog then because I told her in the theater I could help her with it. I said sure, so we went to his house, but his parents weren't there yet. We talked for a little bit and then Eric asked me to play the piano for him. You know what, I thought that was the coolest thing ever!! I've never had a guy really take an interest in my musical talents, they usually just think it's cool I like to play sports and stuff. So I was pretty excited about that. I was horrible playing because first off it's harder playing on someone else's piano, I was nervous with him watching, and I was sight reading most of the songs haha. But anyway it was fun, and Eric played some too which was cool. Finally, Pam and Dennis showed up and I helped Pam change the pictures on her blog. We didn't get them exactly how she wanted them, but she's learning!! I was really tired after, so Eric took me home, but he stayed and chatted with my family and eat ice cream with us, which was fun...I was just half asleep haha.

So that was Thursday, but last Sunday he asked me out for Friday (today) so we had another date tonight. It was a good night too. We went to Applebee's, got some nice medium rare steaks, and then went to his house to play wii fit with his Mom and neice for a little while. That was fun. Did you know you could do hollahooping without a hollahoop? I sucked at it, but it's possible I guess. After playing that for a little while we went over to his friends house to play games. We played Settlers of Catan. I love that game! It ended up being really close...first Mike should've won, then his wife Cindy...but then everyone else helped Eric build the longest road so neither one of them would win, and then Eric came out and won it. Crazy.

And so I call it a double whammy.

1 comments:

Gay Lynne said...

Glad to see that you are having fun! You are always apart of my thoughts and prayers! You will forever be in my heart! Keep smiling and and a wonderful New Year!

Love, Gay Lyne