Sunday, December 21, 2008

What A Day.

I did a lot of good things today. First thing this morning I went to a rest home where my ward was in charge of sacrament meeting. My brother and I were doing the special musical number. Weston sang Star of Bethlehem and I played for him. He did a really good job, all the little old ladies were sure to tell him that. They also told us we made a really good couple.....I had to tell them all, "Yeah, no....we're brother and sister." Last names always make you wonder I guess. I made a new best friend there. There was a guy named Todd. He wasn't very old, maybe in his thirties, I think he had special needs. I walked in and he wheeled right over to me and tried to give me a hug, the bishop came over and made sure I didn't because Todd would probably squeeze me to death. (Weston wasn't warned against hugging him....it was a really tight and hurtful hug). One of the first things he said to me was, "You're a stud!!" Haha, I just had to laugh and say "You're quite the stud yourself." We went and sat down and Todd wheeled right on over and said, "I'm going to sit by you, you're cute. You're my friend. You're my best friend k." He was a funny guy to say the least. Every once in a while I'd get slapped in the head cause he was trying to put his arm around me, but he wasn't so graceful. He wasn't the most revert guy....kind of noisy at the beginning of the meeting but I couldn't help but laugh (in my mind) when I'd look over and this tiny little old lady was sitting across the room shaking her head at Todd in disgust...I guess you'd just have to see the expression on her face, it was funny. Overall, I really enjoyed being at the care center. It was a nice spirit there.

After that, Weston and I were asked to sing solos in our own ward. We were already a part of our choir that was putting on a program for sacrament meeting, but the girl in charge decided to choose us to sing. At first I was going to say no...shoot, that's why I play the piano, so I don't have to sing....but I said yes. And I'm really glad I did. I did shake a little but it was fun, and our whole choir did a swell job.

The rest of the night I hung out with the fam...



....ate some good food...watched the new movie about Gordon B. Hinckley...and waited for Courtney to get off work so she could come over and we could make Gingerbread Houses. It was a lot of fun. I took pictures but right now I can't find the cord to hook up my camera to the computer so I'll have to get those later. Anyway, it was a good day. There were a lot of good things that happened...I'll be surprised if you read this whole post, I think it's gotten pretty long. But I just have to be honest, even though I had a lot of good times today....I just want to see Nick. Or at least know he wants to see me. I don't like this at all.

0 comments: