
Yesterday was my Grandpa Maisey's 80th birthday. I sent him a text early in the day wishing him happy birthday, and get this....he texted back!!! How many grandpa's do you know that text?! I'd say that alone shows how awesome my grandpa is! :) After I got of work I stopped in to say hello and tell him Happy Birthday in person. He's such a cute old guy. I love him so much! We watched the end of Joseph B. Wirthlin's funeral together then I had to go home and shower before my brothers and sisters and I took him out to eat sushi!!! We went to Shin Sei (I think that's what it's called) on 25th street. Now that was so good sushi, holy junk....way better then what we make ourselves! Once we were done there, someone brought up the idea of going to Farr's Ice Cream. My grandpa LOVES cherry pecan ice cream and he tells me all the time that he misses coming to see me there so I thought that would be really fun to take him there a nd let him get some. I still have the connections at Farr's so I ended up getting 8 scoops of ice cream for free! (Thanks Rachel) I think he had a really good time. It obvious he loves his family so much and he loves to spend time with us grandkids. He's such a great example to me. I'll always look up to him.
Today we're having a big birthday party for him. I'm really excited. I hope he had a good time!

One of my favorite sites to see....Grandpa riding the wave runners with his jeans on! He usually has a hat on too....it must have actually blown off this time!

Trekker and his Great-Grandpa Theo!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment