Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Night with my Buddy Rudolph

I have a buddy Steve Rudolph who always seems to be there when I've have boy troubles. He's a crazy kid, we have a good time. Last night we had a fun filled night of.....just fun. Our plans were to go to Cafe Rio and bowling. He came and got me but said be had to go to Davis Lanes because Roy's bowling alley wasn't good enough...yeah right. Well, we went to Davis Lanes....packed. So we decided we'd go to Cafe Rio first just over in Layton....packed! So....we were off back to Roy's bowling alley that now was good enough! We got there and the kid told us if we waited until 9 we could get a sweet deal so we decided to do that. It was only about 6:40 at the time so we decided to play in the arcade.

Steve and I got into an intense basketball match. Ever since I met Steve a couple years ago we've always played basketball and whoever wins, owes the other a Jamba Juice. Well, at the time, Steve owed me one from a year ago. But we decided we'd switch it up a bit. We went through a series of matches both of us winning some and losing some...it came down to the final match....whoever won would be getting the Jamba, the pressure was on....and I lost. Bummer. We were passing the air hockey table on the way out and Steve said, "Double or nothing?" Shoot....yes. We played I totally won, but the scoreboard wouldn't show that because blasted Steve cheated. I told Steve I was only going to buy him one. We stopped at Jamba on our way to Cafe Rio and right when we walked in Steve said, "No, I'll buy you your Jamba." How nice.

We got to Cafe Rio and had a delicious dinner that Steve was intent on paying for too. I really wasn't expecting him to, and I would have no problem paying for myself but I'll take the free food when I can haha.

Finally, after discussing politics and bigfoot, we went back to the bowling alley. It was only 8:30, but the kid gave up the deal anyway. Steve taught me the cool way to bowl...where you put the spin on it so you think it's going to go in the gutter, but then it curves over and actually hits the pins....it's awesome. It took me like 6 frames to hit one pin, but eventually I got the hang of it...mostly. I even got a strike once.

It was a fun night. I'm grateful to have a guy friend like Rudolph.

0 comments: