So yesterday, Nick, Ren, and I went down to Park City to use our free passes to The Canyons we got from the Warren Miller Show earlier this year. We could only use them up until this Friday so we figured with the snow over the weekend, Monday was the best day. We got up there and I noticed Ren didn't have the voucher/paper thing we got from the show. I told him he had to have it or else they wouldn't let him get it. He just laughed and said, "Nah, they didn't have that written anywhere." I kept telling him he really needed it, but he was pretty confident he'd be fine. I hate to say I told you so, but I did tell him so. When we got to the ticket window, they told him exactly what I said. I felt way bad. I was hoping that they would've let him off easy, but no. Well, Nick had left his in the truck so we started to head back down that way so we could grab his while Ren decided what he was going to do. It was $49 for a day pass....only three lifts were open and you could see the weeds and rocks everywhere. It wouldn't be fun just to sit in Nick's truck alone all day and think about how lame it was he forgot his paper, so Ren decided he'd buy a pass.
We finally got all our passes taken care of and headed up the mountain. Eventually we found some really fun powder....somehow I got stuck down in some slush in the middle of the powder but it could've been worse haha. I tripped over a few hiddle logs, heard my board scratch across a rock multiple times, watched Nick land right on top of a stump and kill his butt, watch Ren smash into the side of a jump.....but somehow after all that I thought it was lots of fun...go figure. Not the best day of snowboarding that's for sure...I felt really bad for poor Ren, but Nick and I came to the conclusion it was just a good warm up day...we just needed a little bit more snow.
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment