Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow....Snow...Snow

So I'm behind on my postings...my apologies!! Monday was a wonderful night of snowboarding with my buddy Josh!! He admitted to thinking that I was going to be one of those whimpy girls who fall and sit on their butts the whole time....yeaahhh right! The snow was amazing, nice fresh powder, and the jumps were so fun...Josh was impressed. I saw so many people that I knew that night...most exciting of which was Ren and Travis.

Tuesday didn't start out as great as I would've liked it too. I got all the way to school thinking about how well my car was doing in the ridiculous snow storm....then as I was pulling into the parking lot at 6:50 AM, my car decided not to be so great and slid right into a huge snowbank!! People just kept passing me....how rude. Finally after a few minutes of trying to dig out my tire with a snow scraper, an old guy with his grandson tried to push me out. They tried pushing twice then told me sorry and that they couldn't help me. At least they tried I guess. So I called my brother-in-law Josh to see if he'd come help me, but once I was talking to him, I realized they had barely sold their jeep with 4-wheel drive, their car would have the same problem as mine did getting up to school, but Josh said he'd bring a shovel. Once I hung up with Josh I called my buddy Kaleb. He had a truck, and I figured he could bring some of his army friends to come push me out. Sure enough, he brought one of his friends, pulled out a shovel he already had in his truck, and then another guy with 4-wheel drive helped pull me out. I called Josh back to tell him he didn't need to come, and thanked all the guys for helping me, especially Kaleb. I made him drive my car into the parking lot and park for me and then I told him how I didn't want to drive in this snow!! Last year when the snow was like this, I slid into a car up at school. Not fun!! He told me that he'd drive me around during the day, but I just laughed, I was 20 minutes late for my first class and I was supposed to be taking a test so I had to hurry.
I walked into class, started my test (for my web design class) and when I was almost done with my first page, the power went out!! It came back on not too long after, but all our work was lost. Our teacher said we'd just have to do it all over again on Thursday. I guess it worked out pretty well for me overall....I wouldn't have finished on time!
So since we got out of class early I texted Kaleb to thank him again and he asked me when he needed to pick me up to take me to work. I couldn't believe it, he was actually serious about driving me to work in his truck. I told him that if I got a ride to work, I'd need a ride back after work at 5. He said that he'd be a school all day so that would be fine. I thought that was so nice of him!! So, after my last class I called him up to see where he was, and he told me he'd pick me up by my car. I walked out...saw the 4-5 inches of snow that had accumulated on my car during the 4 hours of class, and waited for Kaleb. He pulled up, I got in, and since we had a couple hours before I had to be to work, we went to the Pita Pit. Kaleb insisted on buying mine for me because I had lent him $2 for lunch at the Insitute the week before, after trying to tell him he didn't have to, I gave in...hey I don't mind getting free food!
After we ate, we still had about an hour....so I said we should just go walk around Smiths. Around 1 Kaleb dropped me off at work and said he'd be back at 5, and sure enough he was. What a guy!!

1 comments:

Our Family said...

Hi Amy! It's good to hear how you are. Sounds like you are staying busy. Take care!
~Lisa