Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Morning with Josh

So this morning/afternoon I went on a date with a funny kid Josh. He told me last night that we were going to be seeing Mall Cop, but he didn't know when it was playing so he'd just come pick me up at 10 AM, since he had to work at night. I told him that was fine, and couldn't help but laugh...it's not that hard to check movies times you know, but hey I like doing spontaneous things! So, just as he said he would, he came and got me at 10, and we drove to the Newgate Mall. The first showing of Mall Cop was at 11:50....so we had quite a bit of time. We were just talking and started walking towards the food court when Josh was like, "You're probably not even hungry are you?" ....No, I wasn't haha, so he asked if I wanted to go to Nickelcade! It always makes me laugh when people ask me to go there. I used to work there! Nevertheless, I said yes, because it did sound fun!
We got there, I asked my old boss if she remembered me, it took her a second, but then she recognized me. Too bad she didn't let us in for free. We started off with a competition in basketball....I won. Skeeball...I won. Air Hockey....I won. Hydroracing....I won. Then we got to the car racing games and Josh finally beat me! I always love it when a guy tells me they've never been that competitive while trying to beat a girl! I'm sorry, there's no way I'm going to lose just cause I'm a girl!
After we played for quite awhile we realized we better leave so we could grab some food before we went to the movie. We gave our extra nickels to a little boy and our tickets to a little girl. They were both kind of scared of us...the little girl even refused the tickets at first until her older sister told her to take them haha. :) Smart kids, don't talk to strangers.
So, we grabbed some good chicken from chik-fil-a, sat and talked for quite awhile, and then realized we were late for the movie. I hurried and finished (I'm such a slow eater), and then we went to the theater. It was a fun movie. I enjoyed it. Kevin James is hilarious!
Josh had to get to work so he took me home after the movie. He's such a happy person! It was nice to hang out with him.

0 comments: