Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Out To Lunch and Fortune Cookies

Today I went out to lunch with my Mom. It hasn't been just her and me for along time so I really enjoyed it. We went to one of our all time favorite places, Maple Gardens, ate yummy Chinese food, and talked. I'm grateful for my Mom and all the many things she does for me. I don't know what I'd do without her.
I also realized something else today as we were eating our Chinese Food. I have a strange obsession for fortune cookies. Okay...I sort of already knew this, in fact just yesterday Nick offered to buy me a whole bag of fortune cookies, but that's not the same. I don't know when I started it, but I have about 40 saved fortunes in my wallet. I figured I'd share a few of my favorites.... Todays - "A cheerful letter or message is on its way to you." "Don't be hasty, prosperity will soon knock on your door." "Your happiness is intertwined with our outlook on life." "You have an unusual magnetic personality." "Be direct, usually one can accomplish more that way."
I know, I'm weird...who in the world collects fortunes?! It's not that I'm superstitious or anything, I just think they're fun.

0 comments: