Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK....and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

So obviously today's Thanksgiving, but it's also Nick's birthday and I'm so excited! I woke up at 5:30 because I was so excited, it's ridiculous! I don't even get that excited about my own birthday, I'd much rather sleep than wake up at 5:30. But I'm sure I'll get a nap in sometime after eating all the yummy food. Nick wasn't even excited about his birthday though. He says he's sad he has to tell people he's 24 now....it's not like everyone will believe him, he looks young haha! But I hope he has a great day. I bet it's a bummer to share your birthday with a major holiday sometimes, everyone will say "Happy Thanksgiving" before they say "Happy Birthday," but then I again, knowing Nick, he probably doesn't mind.

I also just wanted to write a little note saying how grateful I am for all the blessings in my life! I'm so grateful for my parents and siblings and Trekker, for Nick!! I'm so glad I was able to meet such a fun, smart, good-looking guy!! And I'm grateful for all the good times we've had. I'm grateful for Nick's parents and siblings, my extended family, my friends, and all the wonderful people in my life. They all help me more than they realize. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to live in a free country. Everyone goes on and on about the economy and Obama and how everything is just horrible, but this is our country that many men and women have died to protect and I'm so grateful for that. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to go to college. I take it for granted that's for sure. There's usually more complaining about it than gratitude, but I know that it's a huge blessing in my life and tons of people would kill to have the same chance. I'm especially grateful for the Gospel. I don't even want to imagine where my life would be without it. I'm grateful for Joseph Smith and the faith he had as a 14 year old boy to ask what was right. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon which was written for our day, and that helps me everyday. I'm grateful for all my church leaders, especially President Thomas S. Monson. What an amazing man. I could go on and on, but I'll simply just say I love life and I'm so grateful to be who I am and know all the people I know. I'm grateful for all the good times in my life and all the bad times because there's always something to learn from them.
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving....and once again Happy Birthday Nick! :)

1 comments:

CIndy said...

I can't believe he's "24" either.. its not right...I must have had him when I was 15....gggg I hope he had a great bday too.. and I'm sure he was glad you were there to share it with him.. your awesome...and I'm glad your in our lives too..