Well, I was supposed to study all night....but instead I went and got sushi, and then started taking personality tests, and so I figured I might as well update my blog since I'm not studying anyway!!
So this is what's happened since my last post.......starting with this day....
February 27 - Snowboarding at Powder with Josh Bitton. It was AWESOME!! I thought we were going to go night boarding but we went during the day. It was so nice with the sun, nice powder, basically a perfect day to go boarding! Josh is one of the most respectable guys I know. I feel very comfortable with him. I'm glad he's my friend.
February 28 - Went to a Buddhist Temple.....crazy! It was really interesting to say the least. It just so happened to be a major Thai Holiday, basically "Buddha Day." My brother Steven went and talked to one of the Monks about meditation and I found it really interesting. He said the point of meditation is to be happy. Your mind is like a bird....just like a bird doesn't stop flying until it lands on a branch, your mind never stops moving until you stop and focus on one thing. Meditation is concentrating and focusing on keeping your mind on that one branch...blocking everything else out, until you're happy. I thought that was a really interesting analogy. I like things that make me think!
March 1 - A great day for a test! Advanced Human Anatomy Final = 105%! Medical Terminology Test = 100%! Boo yah!
Family Home Evening we learned some different dances.......haha I love making a fool of myself!
March 2 - Tuesdays are always "fun." 8:00-9:15 - teach open lab. 9:30-10:20 - bowling. 10:30-11:45 Anthropology. (Usually get a good nap here) 12-1 Lunch. 1-5 Work. 5:30-7:30 Abnormal Psychology (That was getting out 40 minutes early!) Then I went and got SUSHI! Mmmmm.... I went with my friend Vaughn and my sister Amanda. I think we got like 6 rolls....so dang good! Ming, one of the sushi chef's even gave us free ice cream since Vaughn and I are regulars :)
March 3-4 - A blur of work and school!
March 5 - I went to get my taxes done after work. My bowling teacher, Austin, is just a few years older than me and he said since I teach a class at Weber it would be free! I was all for it since right now TurboTax is saying I owe money....what the heck?! So we're working on that.
I got a text message from Courtney saying she was in town! (She moved down to Hurricane) so she and I went to our beloved Costa Vida, got our chicken salads....talked all about guys and updates, then we went and hung out with some of my friends. We watched The Office episodes and played some ridiculous Wii games.
March 6 - We had Julie B. Beck, General President of the Relief Society come speak to our stake. It was really cool to have her in the chapel I go to church in every week! She didn't have a talk prepared, she just took questions from the audience and answered them. She is such an amazing woman! No matter the question she'd say..."Well let's turn to this scripture.." I want to get to that point where I know the scriptures so well I can answer any range of questions just by turning to a scripture off the top of my head!
March 7 - Fast Sunday....gotta love it. I do love our "Break the Fast" Visiting teaching moments. Every Fast Sunday, after Relief Society we have time to do our visiting teaching and we have some nice treats to break our fasts since we have a late block. This week was fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola/cereal. Mmmm, hit the spot. I don't eat yogurt anymore, but the fruit and granola were yummy!
Speaking of food....I never said how my cleanse went! It went great!! I lost 10 pounds actually, and I feel such a huge difference! I still eat really healthy....lots of salads, beets, and veggies. I don't really eat dairy anymore. But occasionally if something looks good to me, I'll eat it! Sometimes I feel the consequences of that....but hey, you only live once right?!
March 7 continued - HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUADE!! Quade is my cousin who turned 15.....I can't believe it!! I remember when he was born....his older sister Kiersten and I were together all the time, and Quade just loved me. He said my name first! :) "Meme" They still call me "Meems."
March 8 - I learned how to make Fortune Cookies at FHE. I LOVE fortune cookies! :) If you want the recipe, let me know :)
March 9 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! Dang....I can't believe my Father's half a century old. :) I'm so grateful for my Dad and the support he gives to our family. He has always worked hard at providing for us, and has done a wonderful job. I've never gone without. He is one of the most gentle men I know. I never remember my Dad really being mad at me. If he was ever upset with us kids his face would go red and we'd just laugh at him....until he laughed! :) I love to see him and my Mom have a good time together. He is so sweet to her, buying her flowers and taking her out for a night at the movies or on the town. :)
March 10 - Had a girls night with Katy and Ashley. Ashley showed us her shoes she'll wear at her wedding, her tiarra, and a way cute umbrella she'll get her bridals taken with! We went to dinner, then Katy dyed Ashley's hair. It was a fun night full of laughs and girl talk :)
March 11 = Today! I must say that I got a Turkey today in bowling class....thank you thank you! :) And like I mentioned at the beginning of this post....I went and got sushi. Lots and lots of delicious sushi with Vaughn, my brother Steven, and Aaron. So worth not studying :)
**NOTE** It's not letting me add pictures right now!
P.S. Hey Stephen! :)
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment