Today was a great day! I woke up, studied a little for Medical Terminology, worked out, and got ready for the day. Quinn came to get me and we went and volunteered at the Special Olympics at Powder Mountain. It was SO great!! I was so excited to go!! Ever since I was little, and my Mom worked in a special needs classroom that I helped out in a little bit, I've had a deep love for special needs people. They're so...amazing! Cute, lovable, generous, caring....selfless!! I just love being around them. There's a special spirit that they bring. So anyway, back to Powder Mountain. We signed in, waited for awhile for them to give us a job, and we ended up hiking the mountain to go Cheer on some of the competitors. It was a simple job but fun! We watched a group of about 8 people compete in three heats. I loved watching their faces of concentration, excitement, and sometimes a bit of fear, but they all did great! We watched the awards ceremony after and there was one boy in particular that I just fell in love with. His name was Matt and he won the gold in his division. He was SO excited! He was screaming in excitement with the purest look of joy on his face! He just kept thanking everyone, he hugged his friends, then he came up to me and gave me the best hug! It just made my day. He shook Quinn's hand and a few other girl's hands then he kept watching the rest of the awards ceremony. But finally I had to interrupt him for a second to get a picture with him, I didn't want to forget his cute face. So he just laid his head on my shoulder and took a picture with me. :) I love it!
6 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment