Tonight I was able to go visit the Child Family, whom I dearly love. I figured no one could go through surgery without having ice cream so I stopped at the store after work and picked up Gay Lynne's favorite (rocky road). I had remembered from when her, Dee Dee, and Dayna came to visit me when I worked there. :) I got to their house, Ren answered the door and was like, "What the?!" :) Surprise! I walked into the kitchen, Jed, Lisa, and Reed were there too. I instantly had do hold back tears! Dang, we had so much fun together...I didn't realize I'd get choked up though. Lisa came right over to me and gave me a hug, then Reed, then I decided to give Jed a hug too :) Sorry Ren, you're left out. We chatted for a sec. I told Jed that I had suggested my sister Amberly name my, soon to be born, nephew "Jed" since Trekker always suggests one syllable names like "Doc." Then Reed spoke up and suggested "Ladge" haha nice one...but I'm not going to let that one happen!
I went downstairs and said hi to Gay Lynne and presented her with her gift. Braelee was there too, having a good time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. She's such a doll. Still looks just like Jed, but has gotten so big!
Everyone came downstairs and we had fun chatting. Talking about new stuff in life, like Gay Lynne's "midable" ankle and funny things from the past. Guts I learned some crazy things from them haha, but I love it!
When it was time for me to leave I gave Gay Lynne and Reed a hug goodbye (everyone one else scattered). Reed walked me to the door, and when I got to my car I just couldn't help but burst into tears.....where was this coming from?!?! I did not expect to cry! I love the Child family so much. I have since the moment I met them, and I always will! Thanks so much for all the love and support you guys have shown to me. You're the best!
6 years ago

3 comments:
Ohh Amy! We love you too! I'm glad you were able to go and visit! I know that it means the world to my mom! Thank you for thinking of her! That was very sweet of you to take her the ice cream too! What a sweetie!
Thanks so much for taking the time to come and see us! You're awesome!
We love you!
Amy! I didn't know you had a blog!! That's awesome. Can I get your email address so I can send you an invite to my "real" one?
Post a Comment