First off, I just want to give a shoot out to Gay Lynne, like I told you, I was SO surprised to read Dayna's blog and find out one of my favorite women had to have SURGERY on a broken ankle!! I hope it heals quickly! I love you!
Well, this week I started the process for a new adventure....I have started my mission papers! I've always thought about going on a mission, ever since I was a little girl, I always had that desire. There have been a few boys in my life that I thought would change that, but since they haven't, and I don't have any in sight that are going to keep me here, I'm on to bigger and better things! ....At least for a year and a half. :) I was telling my friend Kyle the other day, I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything worth while in my life right now. I'm so absorbed in work and school, that I don't give much thought or time to what's really important in life...my progress toward eternal salvation, and my duty to bring others to the knowledge of the gospel. I know school is very important, and that knowledge that I learn from that will help me help others all throughout my life, and I always know my example is a great blessing to others, but I just think there are greater things in store for me to do.
I have a lot of fears....most that I don't let people see. I know that there are things I need to learn while on a mission that I can't learn anywhere else. And I'm excited for those trials and experiences that will make me learn those things.
So all that I have to do is basically go through all my doctors appointments, submit my papers next month....and wait! I'm pretty sure I'm putting my availability at the end of August so I can help my Office Manager finish up our huge yearly audit that only she and I basically do. I don't want to leave her with someone brand new who can't really help much. Plus, my sister Amberly will be having a new little boy in June and I NEED to hold a few times before I leave. :)
I'm really excited about this whole thing. I've thought about it a lot, and just thinking about it makes me feel like it's right.
6 years ago

5 comments:
Amy! That's awesome. I've been thinking about going a lot lately too. I still have eighteen months, so we'll see, but it's been on my mind a lot lately. I think that's an awesome choice your making. What an exciting thing.
wow....I definitely meant "you're". Sheesh, I'm an editor. I should catch these things.
Thanks Cheri!! I'm very excited haha and that's awesome you're thinking about it too! I think it's a good idea for anyone. Even if you don't end up going, preparing for it will make you the person Heavenly Father wants you to be. :)
Amy! That is wonderful! You will have to keep us posted about everything! We sure love you!
I'm excited for you! But I'm always excited for all the wonderful things you do! Just make sure we know where and when you will be going! We Love You!
Post a Comment