Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oh Michael

Okay, so I guess it's time for the update on Mike (the 30 year old). It ends up...he's just another one of those guys. So he told me he wanted to go out right? I was pretty excited about it, and I was just waiting for him to ask me out, so I thought I'd tease him a little, give him some encouragement. We were just texting, joking back and forth, but then he ended up saying that there just wasn't any real point in going on a date unless it was going to get serious, and we weren't going to get serious. He said one of the reasons we weren't going to ge serious was because there's this missionary getting home that he wants to see how it goes with her. But he said he "wasn't waiting for her." Yeah right!! What do you call not going on a date with any other girl because there would no point to go on a date unless it's going to get serious, and he wouldn't be getting serious until after he's gone on a date with this missionary.....that's waiting! Anyway, I called him and we talked about it. I was fine talking to him, I was mature about it. I mean, I understand that he'd want to see how it goes with her, especially if she gets home in July, but how does he know how much he'd end up liking me? It just bugged me that he's the one who said, "Yeah, let's go on a date!" And then he just changes his mind. I got over it that week, I decided I still wanted to be Mike's friend. He was a fun guy just to joke around with, but I came to terms that we weren't going to date and that was fine! But it gets better....

I had to go to church early on Sunday to take my brother Weston some cough drops because he was going to be singing in sacrament. It just so happend that he was singing with Mike and two other guys. So I walked in, and Mike came right up to me and gave me the biggest hug! That surprised me. Since none of my friends were at the church yet I decided just to walk around the entire building. So I did and when I walked into the chapel, Mike looked over and me and made a face that he wanted to talk to me. So I walked over there and he said to his friend, "Oh look Jason, Amy's actually going to come sit by us, she's not too good for us." So I went with it, joked around a little, and my friends and I did end up sitting behind them. Mike kept turning around all throughout sacrament to make comments to me, and flirting. Then Sunday school came. Mike and Jason walked in late. Jason went and sat somewhere, but Mike came right over and sat by me, and talked the entire time! He even said he was going to see Angels and Demons the next day. I said that it looked pretty cool, and he was like, "Yeah, do you work?" I told him I did at one, and he just said, "Oh, that's too bad." So....what?!? He was going to have me go to the movies with him after all that about not getting serious and there was no point?! We played games that night, and he flirted some more. It seemed like he paid more attention to me on Sunday than he ever has before....I didn't get it. My friend Candice came to church with me that day and she said it was totally obvious that Mike liked me, just by the way he looked and smiled and talked to me.

My friends and I came to the conclusion that Mike is using me for his back-up plan. If it doesn't work out between him and this missionary, he might fall back on me. But that's not going to happen. I'm am NOT going to be a back-up plan. I should be the A plan!! :)

1 comments:

Shay Hoellein said...

Mike sounds like a punto. You're right - you are a plan A kind of girl.