Today was a strange day...there were some really good parts, but I was miserable most of the day. I got on facebook shortly after I woke up and was chatting with my little cousin Kelton. (Everyone has facebook now I swear!) She told me she had been sick last week and said it was no fun at all. I offered to take her her out for ice cream to cheer her up. Of course she was all for it so I told her I'd come get her and her little sister Emma around 1:30. After I was done talking to Kelton, I went to the gym with my friend Ashley. That was good like always! But when I got home and started to get ready for the day my stomach started to ache. I figured it was just because I hadn't eaten much. So I drank a can of V8 juice and had a sandwich but that didn't help much at all. It started to feel like someone was stabbing me, just a really sharp, constant pain. It wasn't down on the right side so I figured it wasn't my appendix, but I didn't know what it was!
By the time 1 o'clock came around, it still really hurt but I felt well enough to go get the girls. Kelton had told me she was so excited she was shaking!! Haha I love those girls. We drove to Farr's, I took them in the back door so they could see how big it was. They thought it was so cool! After we waited about 10 minutes for our number to be called, my buddy Trevor hooked us up with our free ice cream and we went outside to eat it.
After a few minutes I had to take the girls back home because they had a basketball game to go to. They told me thank you and I drove home. I was supposed to have a Greek party with my family at my sister's, best-friend (Ginger's) house, but by then I had broken down into tears because I just couldn't move without it killing me. I had sat down at the computer earlier to type an essay but couldn't even make it through a whole paragraph because it hurt to sit up. I went to lay down and found that if I layed on my right side it didn't hurt. (Kind of strange because laying on my left side was the most painful...weird). Anyway, I called and told my sister, Amberly, that I wouldn't be able to go to the party. She told me to try taking some pain pills. I haven't taken medicine for years so the thought never really crossed my mind. I took some ibuprofen, layed on the couch, wrote a paper, and prayed that the medicine would work. After I had finished my paper and another assignment I had, I decided that I felt somewhat better, at least well enough to drive to Ginger's house. And I figured it would be better to be miserable enjoying the company instead of being miserable by myself.
I drove to Ginger's. Everyone was excited to see me and asked how I was. I ate some pita bread and lemon rice, but I still didn't feel so well. I started to get the chills, but I couldn't decide if it felt like I had a fever or not. Ryan broke out his amazing homemade cheesecake (usually I think homemade cheesecake tastes nasty, it's only good out of a box. Not Ryan's. His is awesome!) I told him that I shouldn't eat any, but when my sister, Amanda, came and sat by me, I had to steal some of hers..... Soooo good! After a few minutes, my stomach felt perfectly fine. It didn't kill anymore!
I'm not sure what it was, maybe I just needed to get food in my belly like I initially thought, maybe the ibuprofen took a couple hours to kick in, or maybe Ryan's cheesecake is magical. Whatever the reason, I'm just glad it stopped hurting!

0 comments:
Post a Comment