Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Week of Goodbyes!

I already knew this week was going to be kind of a bummer week before the craziness with my appendix happened. I guess it will just be more memorable this way! I lost two of my good friends this week....Joni on Monday and Spencer today. I guess "lost" isn't the right word for it.......hmmm, I'll say "loaned!" Loaned means that I'll get them back....then again, I don't actually own Joni or Spencer, but whatev, just go with it okay! I've loaned Joni out to the children of Montana in need of a haircut, and Spencer to the vast population of China! I would narrow Spencer down saying I'm loaning him to the English students of Fuyang, China, but I already know he's going to be ALL over that blasted country going crazy!!

Joni left on Monday morning....probably about the same time I went in for surgery. :( I had gotten to say goodbye to her the day before at church. We walked out of sacrament meeting, I was about to leave to go to a homecoming for my friend Mike Brewer, I looked at Joni, and I realized this was the last time I was going to see her before she left!! It made me cry.....it made Joni cry more, which in turn again made me cry more, and you get the picture...there we were hugging each other in the foyer crying!! Well, I had a solution for it, instead of Joni going to Sunday School and Relief Society, I dragged her and Ashley along with me to the homecoming! That way we had some more time to chat and laugh in the car on our way to and from Kaysville, and I got to say goodbye one last time in the church parking lot when I was dropping her off. Joni is one of my very best friends. She's the sweetest girl I've ever met. She is also the best listener I've ever met. She's the one we all go to when we need a good cry, a laugh, a wake up call back to reality, anything! You need it? Joni's got it for you! I LOVE Joni, and I will miss her!


The Night Of Joni's Going Away Party

Spencer was supposed to leave yesterday, but unfortunately he got suddenly sick and had to reschedule for today. He had to buy a new plane ticket and everything which sucks even more, but at least he's feeling somewhat better and is on his way! I was starting to get really anxious yesterday around 6 when I thought he would come say goodbye to me and get his present that I put together for him, but he wouldn't answer any of my phone calls or text back....even though I couldn't really believe he would...I thought he might leave without saying goodbye! Well, finally I got a message on facebook from his friend Lindsey telling me the news that he was sick with the stomach flu and that he rescheduled his flight. I felt so bad!! He finally text back himself saying the same thing...that he was sick.
Well, I wanted to make sure he got his present from me, and I figured taking it to him myself would make it easier. So I called him this morning, asked if my Mom could bring me out (I can't drive while I'm on my drugs) and he said we could. So....we drove all the way to his apartment he had been living in with Michael. When we pulled up I noticed his car wasn't there..."that's weird," I thought. "Maybe he just left it at his parents and someone will drive him to the airport." So we walked up to the door, and usually I just walk in, but it was locked. What the.....so I called him, he didn't answer.....then he called back and said he was at his parents house and that he had been living there for a couple days!! Well shoot....I didn't know that! In my defense, I've been out of it for a couple days!!
ANYWAY....we drove out to his parents house, his car WAS outside this time. :) His Mom let us in, and he came upstairs. I think he really enjoyed his gifts. I gave him a few things to take to China with him that would remind him of fun things we've done, or just some things that he likes. One of them was a rubik's cube. I tried to teach him how to do one side. He understood for about the first minute, then my drugs started to kick in more and I'm pretty sure I made absoluetly no sense to him......so he has nine months to figure out what I was trying to say haha.
My Mom had gone into the kitchen to talk to his Mom, they're both crazy, but we love them. We ended up eating lunch over there. Spencer's Mom made a delicious homemade chicken noodle soup. I felt bad we were keeping Spencer from running some errands and packing, but he seemed to be okay. I gave him one last "signature" hug, and then he walked us out. Lindsey came home as we were leaving so we said hi to her, my Mom did a tiny bit of Reiki on Spencer, and then we left.
I was so tired. That little adventure knocked me out for sure, but I was really glad I got to see Spencer one last time before he left and that he was feeling well enough to go. I've said it before, I'm really glad I met Spencer. I've had a lot of fun with him the past few months, and I'll miss him! He'll be an awesome teacher....and maybe I'll get to go visit him. :)


Doing What We Do!

0 comments: