Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Better Day!

Okay, so today was nowhere near as bad as yesterday! On my way to school, I stopped at the hospital and got a doctors not that technically says I shouldn't be in school or work yet, but whatev, I am anyway....when I had surgery my surgeon said a week, it's been a week. I still didn't go to my physiology class because I figured they'd be going over the test today and that's somewhat cheating.... plus I figured my time would be better spent studying anyway. So I headed down to one of my favorite places on campus, the Cadaver Lab!! I needed to relearn what I have to teach my class this week! We're doing cranial nerves and the brain, very fascinating! I stayed in there for about a half an hour watching another instructor teach his lab, then I went up to the Science Lab building to study my lab manual myself. I went back to the cadaver lab to watch some different lab instructors teach, then I went to work.

Luckily today my head wasn't spinning! I was a little tired leaving the school, but once I ate lunch I was good. I got a lot done if I do so say myself! My Office Manager had to tell me again how much she had missed me last week haha. She went to the doctor tonight and found out she doesn't have the swine flu....phew! She does however have a sinus infection and brochitis, which is contagious if she coughs, so she's going to leave once I get to work the next few days.

After work, I went BACK to the Cadaver Lab to study up some more. I ended up staying for about two hours, teaching all the info that was covered while I was gone and what I will be teaching my own lab this Thursday so I feel good about that! :) The students tonight even told me what a great job I did tonight.....it's always nice to get that assurance when I get so nervous about teaching sometimes still.

So, like I said, I'm confident about teaching this week....now I just gotta focus on studying for my history and physiology tests I missed, then there will be a few more things to catch up on for physiology and I should be doing okay.

Side Note - I grabbed some Chinese Food for dinner tonight, in memory of Spencer, and because I just wanted a fortune cookie haha. Mine said......"Others seek your courage." ....Perhaps.

0 comments: