Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Love This Time Of Year!!

I always take for granted that we have such a great advantage of being able to hear the words of the Lord through his prophet and apostles. That's why I love General Conference every six months. A time where I can sit down, listen to, write down, and ponder the words that are spoken for our benefit..for my benefit. I wish I were strong enough to say I didn't need this semi-annual review of what I should be doing with my life, but that would be a HUGE lie. We're all constantly learning and and relearning the principles we're supposed to be living, and through the atonement of our Savior, becoming more like him.

I'm grateful for our dear Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. He's always had such a sweet and loving spirit about him. It's obvious he's close to the Lord. I'll always remember cute little Gordon B. Hinckley, the prophet of my childhood. I hope I can live my life to show that I've followed the counsel of these great men, and be an example to those looking to add something to their lives.


I hope all of you will have the opportunity to watch conference today and tomorrow, and be able to take something from it. The Father knows we're not perfect. If we were, there would be no point for his Plan of Salvation and a Savior. He loves us no matter what. Always remember that.

0 comments: