Sunday, September 6, 2009

Life

Life is great!! I've been super busy with school starting, working, and friends! This semester should be pretty good! I have Volleyball, Kempo, Human Physiology, Advanced Human Anatomy, and a History class. I'm also an instructor for the Human Anatomy Cadaver Lab. I taught my first class on Thursday and LOVED it!! I was way nervous! I teach an open lab at 8 on Thursdays, and then my actual lab from 10-12 that same day. There's another instructor, Justin, who teaches with me....(he's quite good looking in case you were wondering! :). Once 10 o'clock rolled around, I was afraid he had forgotten that was teaching, but he finally showed up about 5 minutes late. The kids.....or I guess adults....uh...STUDENTS, in my class seem like they're going to be a lot of fun. Most of them are really chill and would smile at me while I taught them, so I like them haha. We went over directional terms, body regions, and cavities, and next week we'll teach them appendicular skeleton. It should be awesome!!

I also found out which dissections I'll be doing....but in case April reads this, I won't mention what they are haha.


I've also gotten a new calling in my ward. I'm a Co-Chair for FHE. I'll go to Ward Counsel, the new member meetings, whenever someone new enters the ward, I'll assign him/her to a FHE family, I'll be in charge of who our FHE "Dads and Moms" are, and I'll get to plan the activities. I'm pretty excited about it, but I know it will be a lot of work! Right after I got set apart, Brother Keyes, the first counselor in the Bishopric said, "You're the youngest person we've ever had for this type of calling." And the Bishop said, "Yep, and we're not even worried about it because you're a Whitley. We know you'll do great!" ...What a compliment!

For those of you who haven't seen me for awhile....this is a reminder of what I look like! :)

1 comments:

Gay Lynne said...

You're still cute as ever! Your Picture was awesome what talent! It sounds like you are having a ton of fun! It was fun seeing all you have done the past little while. Have a Awesome week!
Love Ya!