So I met my friend Spencer in July, and since then we've become great friends. We have a lot in common so we have a blast playing basketball, eating sushi, eating food in general (he's been to culinary art school), working out (he's a personal trainer), watching our favorite movies, and just chilling and talking. Spencer can talk more than any other person I've ever met. You bring up a subject and he will just go OFF!! He's 31 and has been all over the world....so he knows his stuff!
Anyway, I asked him one night if he collected anything. "Giraffe's" he said. I laughed out loud right then and there.....I thought he was was joking, but then I realized he was serious! He took me to his house and showed me his office full of giraffe's he's collected and recieved over the years. So I went home and was looking at pictures of giraffe's and I came acrossed one that was really cool.....so it made me want to draw!
Spencer was trying to get into a program to go teach English in Korea for a year. So I decided I'd draw him a picture for when he left. He had turned in his resume, had a few interviews, but things had been slowing down so they weren't sure how soon he could go over there. Things weren't looking like they were going to work out, so I still wanted to give him the picture, I just didn't know if it would be awkward to just be like...."Here.....I drew you this!"
Just last week though, one of his friends told him to check out this other program about going to teach in China. Spencer went down to Sandy a couple times to talk to the guy in charge of it, and within 3-4 days, he agreed to go teach! He leaves at the end of this month, and will get back in July! I'm waaaay excited for him. Very jealous, but still very excited.
Anyway, two nights ago I finally got to give him the picture. I had framed it and everything and when he saw it, he totally flipped out!! He thought it was sooo cool, he kept hugging me and telling me thank you! I had never had anyone appreciate my work like that. It made me feel really special.
Well, today when I got home from school I saw an envelope on the table with my name on it. It looked kind of like my Mom's handwriting, but I thought it was probably from one of my old church leaders. I pulled out the card and it had the Eifle Tower on the front. (Spencer went on his mission to France, and absolutely loves it) so I knew it must be from him. I opened it up, and sure enough it was his handwriting. He wrote me the nicest thank you!! I've never gotten a thank you card like that before. I thought it was so so nice of him. It feels so good to be appreciated! :) I'm glad I met Spencer.

0 comments:
Post a Comment