Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Life of a College Student

So I finally broke down and took a break so I could update my blog. I miss blogging!! But I figured after being at school from 9-5 on a Saturday, I deserved a break! I was there for a 3 1/2 hour test review, then spent the rest of my time working on my website. The url is http://student.weber.edu/amywhitley/WHITLEY%20PROJECT/index.html if you want to check it out. I made it for my work. There are still a few things I'll need to change on it, but for now I just wanted to get it done and get my grade! :)

I've already finished one of my finals, my Human Anatomy Lab final. I got 96 so I was very pleased with that! I also applied to be a Human Anatomy Lab instructor in the fall. I had my interview on Friday. It went pretty well! Plus my instructor is married to the girl who's in charge of it so he told me he'd put a good word in for me, so I'm feeling pretty confident! Being an instructor I'll teach the labs and do two dissections during the semester. It should be awesome!

I still have four finals left....Human Anatomy Lecture, Web Design, Personal Finance, and Sociology. I mostly just need to focus on Anatomy and my Finance class. If I don't do really really well in those.....well...let's just say it would be bad. I'm really not stressing too much though, it'll be good.

I just have to say this past week has been so crazy! I haven't seen my best friends since last Thursday, and I've barely had time to talk to them. It's sad! I'll just be so glad when this next week is over and I can play for four months!!

I guess I should put the lastest on the men in my life..... So Mike (the 30 year old) and I hung out a few weeks ago, it was really just hanging out, not a date haha. And I liked it because he was really blunt, we just got straight to the point, he told me he was very attracted to me, and I of course told him he was very good looking, but we both weren't sure if we should actually date. So we said we'd just have fun and see how it goes, maybe we'd date, but maybe we wouldn't. Well, last week he called me and in the middle of the conversation he said he'd been thinking about it and said that it would probably be better if we didn't date. I told him that was fine, (I had been thinking that's what would happen anyway and it didn't bother me at all). Well....on Sunday, at Stake Conference, I was sitting behind him with my friend Ashley. I had talked to him in between sessions for just a second, and in the middle of the second session (which Elder Neil L. Anderson, the new apostle, was speaking at) Ashley leaned over and said, "I don't care if he told you you guys can't date. He's so into you. He just gets the biggest smile when he sees you. It's like it makes his day just to see you!" It was true, whenever he saw me he got a big grin....and he called me this Thursday out of the blue just to talk. He's a funny guy....who knows what he's thinking...it will just go how it goes I guess, I'm not too worried about it.

As for other men....there's three guys who I'm supposed to meet: Joe, Rich, and Brent. I've been talking to Joe a lot, he seems really cool. He's a nerd like me, plus he's pretty cute so that's good. I don't know if I already wrote about him, but I will again. When I worked at Farr's I worked with a guy named Marlin, who worked in the back. We were really good buddies. Joe's his nephew, and so Marlin's really been pushing us to go out. Joe goes up to Utah State, and so we're going to hang out after finals. I have never talked to Rich, but a girl that I work with wants to set me up with him. He's her brother-in-law. He's an adrenaline junky so he's done tons of crazy fun stuff, so that would be fun!! :) Then Brent is a guy that my sister's bestfriend's fiance (make sense) wants to set me up with.

Tyler and I are really good friends. He's hilarious and he got a haircut so he looks totally different, but still good looking haha. Adam in gone...I've found that he's just a flirt, but a nice guy none-the-less.

So that's that. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone...who knows though haha.

2 comments:

Gay Lynne said...

Sounds like things are very busy for you. It also sounds like you have alot of things you want to do. I'm glad things are going so awesome! Wishing you the very best in all you do!

The Adventures of April said...

Dissecting?!!! I think i would throw up!!! I'm glad life is going good for you! You sound supper busy, and wow...30?? way to go after the mature man!! Have fun!!! :)