Saturday, June 6, 2009

How That Week Actually Went!

Okay, so let me tell you how that last week I told you about actually went....

So that BBQ with Trevor Johnson....waste. of. time. He came and got me....being 20 minutes late after trying to find my house...with a GPS system. Honestly haha. We went to the store to pick up some avocados to take. I had to set him straight when he went for the row of bright green ones! We drove to his grandma's house. Not many people were there yet, but I recognized most of them from my sister's wedding (5 years ago). Trevor took off to Smith and Edwards with his cousins without even telling me goodbye! It wasn't that I really wanted to be right with him all the time, but hello I was his date, it's common courtesy to at least say he was leaving. I just hung out with the girls in the kitchen, and made guacamole. Pretty much the whole time Trevor was off doing his own thing, talking to someone else, so I just hung out with my sister Amberly. I like her better anyway. :) I even told her, "I hope he doesn't ask me to do anything after this, cause I just really want to go home." Luckily had did just take me home afterwords. About a week later I got a text from him thanking me for going with him and he said he hoped I had fun. I didn't text him back. (I seem ornery in this post, I'm not, I'm just saying how it really is haha). That night I just hung out with my friends.

Tuesday I was sitting at work when a kid walked in with a huge vase of lilies. I was shocked when he said they were for me! He handed them to me along with a $25 gift card to Bath and Body Works. The card said, "Amy, I hope this brightens your week for you and that you have a great birthday! Much love, Washington." Washington?! I didn't get it at first. I was like...I've been to Washington D.C.....then the kid who brought them said "Think of Washington State." So that made me think of a college....I don't know anyone who goes to school in Washington. Finally he was like, "No...who do you know who's in Washington State right now." Then it clicked....Josh Bitton. A kid I went on a couple dates with in January who's selling security systems in Washington right now. It was really nice of him, lilies are my favorite and they were beautiful, but at the same time I felt bad! Flowers like that would be really really expensive, plus with the gift card on top of that, jeez!! It ended up that Josh had called my brother Weston and had him figure out what my favorite flowers were and the address to my work. Weston knew that I just saw Josh as a friend so he told him, "I hope you're not wasting your money." But Josh said, "I just think Amy is so awesome and I really just want to do this for her." Josh really is so sweet, even though I could never date him seriously, he's a very thoughtful, and I appreciate that.





That night my friends and I were supposed to go to Salt Lake to do baptisms but we invited a couple more girls and it ended up that we had too many to just walk in, so we decided to wait for another day and just play instead. We went to Iggy's and watched Robin Hood Men in Tights at Ashley's house.



Wednesday I did work all day, and I did play at night....what did I do? .....Oh, I went to a Mary Kay thing with Katie and Joni. It was actually really fun! I got some awesome microdermabrasion stuff for my face, it's fantastic! After that, I went to my cousin Kiersten's house and had dinner and chatted with the family. I used to be over there everyday when I was little. We were so tight.

Thursday was the day to go to Moab! I was stoked! I had bought a new camelbak, fun light for my hat (I stole the idea from Reed), and a cute new hat. There's so much I could say about Moab. It was so fun! We stayed in cabins down there, had a pool, hottub, showers, giant checker boards...there was tons of stuff to do! I drove down with the second counselor in the bishopric (Brother Keyes) and his wife (Zona). They're awesome! I love them. We pretty much just talked the entire time. Of course one of the subjects was dating and guys, and Zona started talking about some of the guys in the ward she just loves. It ended up that while we were on the trip she thought me and this kid Bret would get along really well, so she set us up! (We went to the drive inn yesterday. It was pretty fun. Bret's a way cool kid). The first night we mostly all just chilled, played games, and waited for everyone to get there. The next day I went with a hiking group up Negro Bill's Canyon. It was a pretty simple hike, but it was beautiful. I made sure everyone was entertained the whole way by singing to them all. I think it was appreciated haha. After the hike we came back to camp for lunch and to play around. I got a very nice back massage and then we all decided to go swimming. That night after dinner we hiked up to Delicate Arch. It was a pretty good hike! There were some parts where my legs were burning for sure! The arch was really cool. By the time we were hiking down it was pitch black. My buddy Kyle and I were waaay ahead of everyone else so when we got down to the bottom we pulled some chairs out of a truck and just watched all the flashlights slowly come down the mountain. That night, after giving about a million back massage's I got a couple in return and I wrote a rap about our time in Moab! At first I was just playing around with Weston, then I decided I was getting somewhere with it and felt it must be written down! I had a little help from my buddy Devin and a couple guys sitting around. It turned out really well, it's hilarious haha. I sang it for everyone the next morning, and then they had me sing it in church! (I'm supposed to make a movie out of it so when I get it done I'll put it on here). That next morning was my birthday. They sang to me, and we just had fun talking to everyone. After breakfast we pretty much just packed up and headed home.



I was so glad I went on the trip. I got to know so many people so much better, got a sweet tan, and had a blast! I love my ward. We have so much fun! I had to give Michael (the 30 year old) a hard time because he bought a hat from Cabella's that looked just like Indiana Jones, so I called him "Indy" the whole time. And I did get a picture of him Cheri, he's wearing sunglasses, but it works (I'll be putting more pictures on a separate post).

That night my friends and I got together, went and got Cafe Rio, and went and saw UP! Well....actually they saw it. I, like usual, fell asleep through most of it, but what I saw was cute!

My birthday was really fun. I just wanted to thank all you guys, especially Cindy for the text on the 29th, just wondering how I was doing, and the birthday wish on the 30th. For Gay Lynne, and the wonderful phone call and hug from Brooke that really was from you! I was so glad you called, I wish we could've talked longer! And for Dee Dee and her sweet text. I love you guys so much!!

Sunday, I had dinner with the family and grandparents for my birthday. We had some delicious greek food and cheesecake! Then my brother Steven let me cut his hair! I think it turned out really well for my first time! And after that I went and played games with some kids in my ward.

That was a very fun filled week if I don't say so myself! I didn't want to come back and go to work! This past week wasn't as exciting, but fun none-the-less. I've been having a fun time with my killer P90X workouts, and just playing with my friends!

This morning I went and ran a 5k with Amberly, Josh (Trekker in the stroller), and Weston. It was fun to do the first one of the summer! Tonight I have a blind date with a kid named Gary who's friends with a girl Nikki I went in the temple for about 3 minutes....so we'll see how that goes! :)

1 comments:

The Adventures of April said...

Wow Amy!!! sounds like your days are jammed packed!!! I am so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy late Birthday!