I was just reading one of my friends posts about her week so far, and it just made me realize how much I love my friends! They are the BEST!! I have a couple of different "groups" of friends I guess you could say...
I have Katy, Joni, and Ashley. I went to High School with Katy and Joni, but I never really hung out with them until we had been graduated for a year or so. Katy and I were both going through some pretty rough break ups at the time, so we turned to each other and ice cream for support :) Katy and Joni have been best friends since elementary school, and it just so happened that Joni had recently joined my Singles Ward, so we all clicked instantly!!
Ashley was also in my Singles Ward and was looking for a snowboarding buddy. I let her know I was always up for a day on the slopes, and since our first failed attempt at getting up to Powder, she's joined our little "group,"
and we've grown so much together! More boys have come and gone for all of us, tears have been shed, many discussions about "He's Just Not That Into You" have gone on, and we're still kickin'!! Right now we're kinda broken up...Joni moved up to Montana last September so it's been hard to have her gone. She's the one we all turn to when we're having a rough time. She's the best listener in the world and always has uplifting advice. Ashley got married April 30, and lives down in Cottonwood Heights. Even though she's not as far away as Joni, it's hard to have her gone too. Plus with her crazy Married-life schedule, it's kinda tricky to get to hang out much, but we've managed. :) Katy has the best boyfriend in the world. Jarrod, who we all love, and who loves all of us girls too! He's right there in the business when we tell Katy about what's going on with us. Jarrod takes it personally when something good or bad happens to us. Katy and Jarrod are the funnest couple around!! So with them hanging out as much as possible, there's little time to hang out, but they're not to blame...life in general is busy! I have something going on every single day I swear, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Joni's been down for the week with her family so we get a girls night tomorrow. I'm SO excited to see her! I love these girls so much!
Friday and Saturday nights are usually spent with Shannon, Tami, Kyle, Andy, Ally, Austyn, Dayton, April, and Ben....sometimes Vaughn.
We all have such a good time together! I'm pretty sure it's because of how crazy we all are. We get a kick out of the dumbest things I swear, but we just laugh and laugh! It lifts my spirits being with them! Shannon is so sweet and kind. She gets me more excited about my mission than anyone else! I love to see her bright smile, and get a great hug from her! She and I are quite the jokesters I must admit, and I love it! I know Shannon's always there for me when I need her.
Tami and I have been able to have quite a few heart to heart talks. It's fun to just go over to her house, chill on the couch, and just talk. Talk and talk about whatever's on our mind....generally guys :) Kyle is the best. He is such a great guy. I know he's a true friend and would do anything to protect me. Monday night I locked my keys in my car at FHE...smart I know! Kyle had been saying he was heading home, but right when he found out what I had done, he whipped out his tools and was instantly determined to get that door unlocked. It became quite an entertaining night I must say. Shannon and Audra can attest to that. We ended up staying in that parking lot til almost 11 just joking around.
Sunday nights get packed with lots of fun faces at game nights each week...it would take too long to list all those guys, but I still love em.
Then I have a few who I like to call my "sushi" friends :) Vaughn was the first...next came cute Audra, and then Bekka, who is also my work-out buddy! Vaughn is the game master! He's the one who's house we play games at every Sunday. He has so many talents...I don't really know anything he can't do...which is why all of us girls are trying to figure out why he's not married?! He's just fun to be around all the time because either he's making you laugh, or you're having a really cool conversation with him!
Audra is amazing. :) I have been able to get to know her better these past couple months, and have loved it! She is one of the nicest girls I know and has such a peace about her that is so great! She's invited me to do so many fun things, and I've enjoyed seeing her grow, and watching myself grow as well.
Bekka is awesome. I used to be the one to be at the gym waiting for her...lately I've been sleeping through my alarm....sorry Bekka haha.
Then there's Chris...he's sort of in a group all by himself right now. Chris is Garrick's best friend. Even though Garrick and I aren't dating anymore, Chris and I have become great friends! We talk pretty much everyday...mostly about all the girls I could possibly set him up with...we got a double date this Friday, we'll see if he's too picky for this one too. :) But really I've had a blast getting to know Chris, I always have a great time with him.
I could go on about my friends....I have so many! But I just wanted to focus on some that currently have such a big influence in my life. I don't know what I'd do with out them!









1 comments:
Amy,
You have no idea how much this touched me. You are such an amazing girl and Iam so blessed to have you as one of my dearest friends. I love you lots and lots.
Post a Comment