Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm Back!

     Well, I finally remembered my password for my blog so I decided I'd just give ya'll a little shout out.  The mission was AWESOME!  I miss it everyday.  I served in the Philippines Laoag Mission and couldn't ask for a better experience.  It. was. hard.  But so worth it.  I learned so many things that I would have never learned otherwise.  It was the hard times that made the good times that much sweeter...that's life right?
     I spoke Tagalog and a little Ilocano there.  There's over 200 dialects in the Philippines so it gets pretty crazy sometimes trying to talk to people, but I loved it.  Tagalog is such a funny language.  In my opinion everyone needs to learn it cause it just makes life that much more fun!  Grabe...namimiss ko iyon!

     I know this isn't much but I just wanted to get a few pictures up and then later on I'll tell more about my mission and more about life as an RM.  For now just know I've been working, playing, dating, and just trying to adjust.  Life's pretty good.
Where it all started...Provo, UT

Walking to the temple....I think this is the only picture where my companion from the MTC is somewhat smiling. :)  Love ya Sister F!


Gotta love the Elders

The beautiful rice fields

At Tatay Villanueva's baptism.  Love him!!

A Fish Pond...probably lots of tilapia in there.

Yes, that is a GIANT spider eating a cockroach!!

Rockin' the plow....old school.

With Sister Lavatai, Elder Mika, and President and Sister Odgers at a special Christmas Fireside at the Mission Home.

LOVE these kids!

Tatay Corpuz's tricycle...our main form of transportation!

Beautiful!

The Falls in Sta. Cruz with the Candon District

Partying with the Corpuz Family  

Famous sites in Ilocos


:)

I saw this every night...


The very top of the Philippines!

Rock Formations


Bangui Windmills

Rainbow :)

I love the Philippines!

The long road through Claveria

Miss this....

An old wrecked ship

After our CSP with Tatay Andallo

Sister Gania and I at our bahay kubo!

They love their pork!

Fun game!

Big enough for ya?!

Just cooking the Pascual Family some french toast over the fire.

I loved the flowers there

Ohhhhh yeeeaaaahhh!!!

At White Sands Beach in Pagudpud with the Bangui District
    

1 comments:

Maccabee360 said...

So.....Did you kill that Spider?!?!?!