Sunday, August 22, 2010

Speed Change

So the week before this past week seemed like the longest week of my life!! Time just seemed to crawl by. From starting work full-time and having our second of three audits, the viewing and funeral, etc, etc, my week was just jam packed with so much that needed to be done which usually makes time fly....but it went by so. dang. slow. Everyday I was just so tired, but hardly had time to get any sleep. I think it probably had to do with how much emotion I was feeling, but I was glad when the week was finally over.

This week however was one of the best weeks I've ever had in my life!! Even though I still had to work full time everyday, so many good things happened!! Monday was my Stake Lagoon day so I headed out there after work. I got there just in time for the food, and my friends Audra and Bekka went on the Skycoaster with me. That was my third time doing it, but my first time actually pulling the rip-cord. Loved it. :) The part was so busy we only went on three rides after that, but it was worth it to have a night out. :) Aaron even won me a stuffed snake, with his basketball skills.


Bekka, Audra, and Me...all ready


So fun!

Tuesday was a day I'll never forget. I was able to recieve my Endowments! I went through the Ogden Temple and loved every second of it. When the cute little ladies were first helping me, one of them told me how proud our Heavenly Father was of me and I instantly tears welled up in my eyes. I knew he was. I felt to much love being there in the temple. Nothing made me happier than to be there with my family and friends. I'm so proud to associate with the people I do who set such good examples for me. I'm grateful for the fullness of the Gospel and the incredible blessing it brings to our lives. We went out to dinner after the Maple Gardens. They were actually closed, but they opened just for us! It was so nice of them.
Wednesday I went back to the temple for Stake Temple Night. Shannon and I drove together and when we were almost there Shannon realized she had forgotten her recommend. By the time we got back to the temple and were all dressed, we had barely missed our session. Shannon felt so bad, but everything happens for a reason right?! As we were waiting to see if we'd get into the next session I saw a little old guy, LeGrand, who I used to see every Monday, Wednesday, Friday at the gym, but I hadn't seen him since sometime in June. I have been thinking about him quite a bit lately, thinking that I needed to talk to him and let him know when my mission farewell was. I was going to look him up in the phonebook, but alas...there he was!! He didn't see me as he was leaving the chapel, but right when I saw him I told Shannon, "I need to talk to that man." We didn't get in the same session as him either, so we decided to go down and do initiatories and then meet up with everyone in our stake after and I could talk to LeGrand too. He is such a sweet guy. Oh how I loved it. It was special to be there for a second time. Some of the workers even recognized me from the night before. :) I'm glad Shannon and I missed the session, I know the Lord knew what we were supposed to do.
Thursday I got to meet up with Katy and catch up. We hadn't seen each other for a month it seemed like, so it was good to eat our ice cream and chat all about everything that was on our minds!
Friday was a day I was SO excited for. A group of my friends planned a camping trip up at Monte Cristo. Kyle, Tami, Andy, Jason, Michelle, and Leigh all went up Thursday, while me, Lori, Curtis, Shannonm Amanda, Greg, and Heather, showed up Friday. We had a BLAST!! We set up our own little shooting range in the back of the camp site and had a competition. We had my BB gun :), Kyle and Jason's 9 mm's, Jason also brought a shot gun, and Greg brought up his awesome AK-15 M-4. That was the coolest gun I've ever shot! Kyle also brought up his four wheeler that he let me take for a spin. I've never been on a four wheeler that fast...I want one! He also let me drive his truck off roadin. He says he'll never let me do that again, but I think I did pretty dang good myself haha. Besides that we just chilled around the fire, talked, laughed, joked, ate good food, played some games. It was just awesome! I have the best friends. :)


Most of the group...a few people already went home.


Attractive I know.


This was a sweet gun!


All of us watching


Kyle playing on his four wheeler :)


I was driving Kyle's truck at this moment haha


Kyle jumping over Tami and me


Group hug

Then Saturday night, after getting home from camping I went to the Drive-in with Chris and Dena, and Lance was my date. (Lance is Chris' cousin). To be honest, I wanted Kyle to go with me, but we weren't sure when we were going to be back from camping and I didn't want him to feel like he was being rushed to get home, so I had Chris bring Lance for me...plus Lance had a truck. ;) It ended up Kyle left the same time I did, so he totally could've come, but it was too late. Lance was nice though. We had a good time. We saw Despicable Me and Inception, both of which I had already seen, but I love them both. :) Good thing I had already seen Inception cause Chris and Dena were constantly asking me what was going on haha....if they would've just watched the movie would've answered their questions for them. But I had fun making fun of them for it. :)

0 comments: