Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Mother

I know I'm late on this post, but on actual Mother's Day I was doing something more important...spending time with my Mother!

I just wanted to take a minute and say how much I love my Mom.



She is such an amazing woman. I have always been so inspired by her courage and obedience. She has done a wonderful job raising us five kids....especially since she had us all within six years! I bet, actually I know, it got pretty crazy when we were little. Name calling, fists flying, breaking windows...but she taught us right. And now look at us! We're all the best of friends.

My Mom has so many talents. It would be impossible to name them all, so I just want to list a few things I'm grateful for her teaching me:

- She taught me how to smile. I'm proud when people tell me I have my Mother's smile.
- She taught me how to laugh. Everyone knows they can tease my Mom and she'll dish it right back at em'. We always have a good time!
- She taught me how to work. I didn't always like this :) But I'm grateful to have her work ethic.
- She taught me how to pray. There have been countless times when I've walked into her room to find her on her knees pleading with the Lord...many times for me.
- She taught me how to love. My Mom has a love for everyone, she's always so kind.
- She taught me how to cook. And I'll be honest...we're dang good cooks!
- She taught me how to sing. I'd rather listen to her sing than sing myself, but I love singing along with her angelic voice, or just accompany her on the piano.
- She taught me to have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and to always trust in him.

Like I said, I could go on for along time, but I'd be on here forever. I just wanted to say again how much I love my Mom and that I'm so grateful to have her in my life. I don't want to imagine where I'd be without her....well really I guess without her I wouldn't be here, but you get it. She is the most beautiful woman I know, inside and out, and I'm proud to be her daughter. One day I hope to be able to live up to her name.

This song is for her....

0 comments: